David Golden, firm principal at The Law Offices of David Golden, P.A., began his career as an Assistant Public Defender in Florida’s 19th Judicial Circuit (Martin County, St. Lucie County, Okeechobee County, and Indian River County). He quickly became the head of the St. Lucie County juvenile crimes division, and was later brought to Stuart to head the entire Martin County office. As a criminal defense attorney he has successfully represented individuals arrested for every crime ranging from petit theft, DUI, and violations of probation, to more serious felony charges of sexual assault, drug trafficking, child pornography, and first degree murder.
As a personal injury attorney, David Golden, became a highly respected accident lawyer representing citizens injured in various kinds of accidents, including car accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycle and pedestrian accidents. He has handled trucking and bus cases and is remembered for receiving a million dollar verdict in one of the Treasure Coast’s more publicized personal injury school bus accident cases, Edwards v. Laidlaw. His reputation, coupled with the firm’s extensive preparation on each case, leads to superior results, often without the need for trial. It is no wonder he is the recipient of Martindale-Hubbell’s highest “AV” rating, and the Firm has received AVVO’s “Client Choice Award” for the last 5 consecutive years.
Mr. Golden graduated the University of Georgia (that’s right, a Bulldog) in 1983 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics. He earned his Juris Doctorate degree from Capital Law School, in Columbus, Ohio in 1986, and has been a full time resident here on the Treasure Coast ever since. He enjoys the “salt-life,” off-roading, travel, and is extremely active volunteering in community activities.
- Bachelor of Science in Economics, The University of Georgia, 1983
- Doctorate of Juris Prudence, Capital University, 1986
- Florida Bar Member in good standing since 1986
- Former Assistant Public Defender, 19th Judicial Circuit
- Admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court
- Former Chairman of the 19th Judicial Circuit Florida Bar Grievance Committee
- Member of the National Association Of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member of the Florida Association Of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Creator and co-host of WPSL’s weekly radio crime magazine “INSIDE JUSTICE”
- Member of the Martin County Bar Association
- Member of the St. Lucie County Bar Association
- Member of the Indian River County Bar Association
- Member of the Okeechobee County Bar Association
- Former board member of Martin County crisis Line
- Former board member of Tri-County Tec (now Helping People Succeed)
- Member of The Florida Justice Association
- Martindale-Hubbell‘s highest designation, “AV Rated”
- Avvo’s “Client’s Choice Award” recipient 2013-Present