PUT AWARD-WINNING ATTORNEYS TO WORK FOR YOU
WHEN IT MATTERS MOST!
Stuart Internet Crimes Attorneys
If you have been accused of an internet crime, are under investigation, and may be facing criminal charges, The Law Offices of David Golden, P.A. can represent you. An internet crime is an illegal act that is committed using the internet. Because of technological advancements and increased access to the internet, these types of crimes are becoming more and more prevalent. Because of the anonymity that the internet provides, people are more prone to committing this kind of offense. If convicted, punishment can range from fines to actual jail time. The penalties will depend on the type of internet crime, the severity of the crime, and your criminal history.
If you have been accused of an internet crime and are facing criminal charges, you need a lawyer to protect you and ensure that you receive a fair trial that will result in the best outcome for you. The Law Offices of David Golden, P.A. has decades of experience helping people accused of crimes defend themselves, and we are ready to put that experience to work for you. To schedule a free consultation to discuss the details of your case, call our Stuart office today at 772-220-4400.
Why Do I Need an Attorney?
If you have been charged with an internet crime, you will be facing a team of prosecutors that represent the state. Their job is to prove your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. They will be experienced, skilled, and aggressive legal professionals that have handled countless other internet crime cases like yours. If you don’t have a lawyer, it will be more likely that you will be punished for a crime that you may not even have committed.
Because the United States Constitution awards us with the presumption of innocence, you are innocent until proven guilty. The state will have to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, including proving your knowledge of your crime and intent to commit a crime. If you contact a lawyer, they will be able to protect your right to be presumed to be innocent, and poke holes in the prosecution’s case to try to introduce doubt into their story. With a lawyer’s help, you are much more likely to receive minimized penalties or a not guilty verdict.
Why Choose The Law Offices of David Golden, P.A.?
Attorney David Golden has been practicing law for over 20 years. He is a dedicated criminal defense attorney and is passionate about defending his clients throughout the Treasure Coast. He has experience providing aggressive and strategic legal representation for those accused of crimes in both federal and state court. Mr. Golden has earned a reputation for being successful in representing clients, including being named a Super Lawyer and receiving an AV Preeminent rating with Martindale-Hubbell. If you have been accused of an interent crime in the Stuart area, you need The Law Offices of David Golden, P.A. on your side.
Cases We Handle
Any crime committed using the internet falls under the wide umbrella of internet crimes. Some common internet crimes include:
- Identity Theft/Fraud: Unauthorized use of personal information such as name, social security number, driver’s license information, or financial information to commit fraud or other crimes.
- Credit Card Fraud: Buying or selling stolen credit cards, unauthorized use of another person’s credit card, or counterfeiting credit cards.
- Illegal Marketing/Pyramid Schemes: A fraudulent scheme where investors try to make money by enlisting other investors who enlist other people to invest. Early investors are paid not by normal business activities but by new investor funds. The scheme fails and millions of dollars are lost once there are no new investors.
- Phishing: Internet scammers that imitate legitimate companies in emails to trick people into sharing usernames, passwords, account information, or credit card numbers.
- Hacking: Accessing a protected computer without permission to obtain something of value. This could include getting computer data or personal information.
- Child Pornography: Controlling, possessing, or viewing a photograph or video that depicts sexual conduct by a child is illegal.
There are possible defenses for all of these crimes, though they vary based on the particular nature of the crime you are accused of. To learn more about your legal options if you have been accused of these or other internet crimes, contact The Law Offices of David Golden, P.A..
Internet Crime Consequences
Once a person is convicted of an internet crime, they may be punished with:
- Fines: Fines can include court costs or restitution for any victims you have harmed.
- Community Service: This can include doing a specified amount of community service hours at a non-profit organization.
- Probation: A judge may order a certain period of probation where you are monitored for good behavior. This can include having to abstain from using the internet.
- Mandatory Counseling Classes: Having to complete educational classes in order to deter the commission of an internet crime in the future can be court ordered as punishment.
- House Arrest: You may have to serve a period of house arrest where you are monitored by an ankle monitor. You may not be able to leave your house except to go to work.
- Sex Offender Registration: If you are convicted of an internet sex crime, you will have to register as a sex offender. This can affect where you can live and work for the rest of your life.
- Actual Jail Time: Depending on the severity of the crime, you could be sentenced to time in prison or jail for committing internet crimes.
Often, the punishment will involve a combination of the punishment types mentioned above. In addition, the crime will go on your permanent criminal record. Having a conviction on your record might affect your ability to get a job, apply for a loan, and many other important aspects of your life depending on the severity of the offense. Because being convicted of an internet crime will have such serious consequences on your life, you need to contact an attorney for legal help with your case.
If you have been charged with an internet crime in Stuart, Palm City, Jensen Beach, Hobe Sound, Hutchinson Island, Sewall’s Point, Port Salerno, Jupiter, Tequesta, Indiantown, or any part of Martin County, contact The Law Offices of David Golden, P.A. at 772-220-4400 for proper legal representation. We will defend your rights and provide the best possible defense for you. Get the legal advice, guidance, and representation you need by contacting The Law Offices of David Golden, P.A. for your free case evaluation today.