PUT AWARD-WINNING ATTORNEYS TO WORK FOR YOU
WHEN IT MATTERS MOST!
Stuart Truck Accident Attorneys
If you or a loved one have been injured in a truck accident in Stuart or the surrounding areas of Martin county, contact The Law Offices of David Golden, P.A. for help. Commercial trucks and big rigs play an important role in transporting goods, but they can also present a major hazard to other drivers on the road. While a car normally weighs 4,000 lbs., a truck can weigh as much as 80,000 lbs. Trucks can cause serious damage to other vehicles and catastrophic injuries to their passengers. Because of the tremendous weight and size of these vehicles, injuries and damages suffered by victims of trucking accidents can be debilitating, life-threatening, or even fatal.
Truck drivers and companies should be aware of these dangers and take the necessary precautions to prevent accidents. Large trucks and commercial vehicles are harder to drive due to their size and wide turns. Big rigs with tractor trailers often require greater distances to stop and often have blind spots in which other drivers are hidden. Drivers should take this into account while driving because they have a duty to keep the other people on the road safe. If they fail in this duty and you are injured as a result, you can pursue a personal injury lawsuit to recover compensation for all your resulting difficulties.
The Law Offices of David Golden, P.A. has been helping victims of truck accidents in Stuart for over 20 years. If you or a loved one has been injured in a trucking accident, contact us to discuss your legal options today at 772-220-4400.
Why Do I Need a Lawyer for a Trucking Accident Case?
If you have been involved in a truck collision, an experienced lawyer can help you understand your legal rights, as well as all your potential options in moving forward with a lawsuit. If you are severely injured, you may be facing a number of obstacles. You may have spent extensive time in the hospital recovering from injuries while accumulating huge medical bills, not to mention missing long periods of work. Whatever your current situation, an attorney will aid you in obtaining financial compensation for your pain and suffering, as well as income to support your family.
Some insurers may attempt to offer you the lowest amount of compensation possible for your case. If you settle quickly with an insurance company, you may lose out on money needed to pay for lifelong medical expenses and any future lost wages. An experienced attorney will know whether the insurance company’s offer is too low, and they will know how to negotiate with them to ensure you receive every penny you need and deserve.
Why Choose Us?
Whether your injury was caused by a mechanical failure or driver negligence, the skilled attorneys at The Law Offices of David Golden, P.A. will provide you compassionate, client-focused legal services in handling your case. We have over 25 years of experience in handling truck accident cases. Our law firm has also been the recipient of the Avvo Clients’ Choice Award in both 2014 and 2015, as well as being listed as a trusted AV® rated law firm in Florida.
Our attorneys understand the financial, emotional, and physical difficulties you are facing because of your accident. You can trust The Law Offices of David Golden, P.A. to negotiate with an insurance company on your behalf. We will fight for you to receive a fair and just settlement that compensates you for your medical expenses, hospital stays, lost income, property damage, or other expenses incurred because of your trucking accident.
Trucking Accident Cases We Handle
Many trucking accidents happen due to limited driver training and negligence. For properly trained drivers, dangers posed by big rigs and other oversized trailers can often be avoided. When trucking companies hire unqualified drivers or fail to properly train them, they may be held liable for injuries that occur as a result of an accident.
Both state and federal regulations require truck drivers to maintain logs that track their status and activity, and to observe laws governing maximum driving and on-duty time. If drivers violate these regulations, they and their employers can be held liable. The most typical causes of trucking accidents include:
- Improper Loading – Drivers and dock workers must follow specific rules and regulations when loading goods onto a truck. There are length, weight, size, width, and height standards to consider when handling cargo. If there are mistakes, materials or goods could spill onto the road, cause an accident, and seriously injure other drivers.
- Truck Driver Mistakes – Truck drivers who drive while fatigued, while under the influence, or while texting are putting other drivers at risk. Truckers must heed other drivers, keeping a safe distance from them, while using proper signals at all times. They also must obey all traffic signals and laws.
- Defective Equipment or Parts – Trucking equipment manufacturers can be found negligent due to defective or dangerous parts on their rig. The parts and truck manufacturer, the trucking company, or even a truck mechanic who makes repairs may all be held liable if an accident is caused by defective equipment.
- Poor Maintenance – Truck drivers, companies, and maintenance crews should properly maintain their rigs to keep up with the wear and tear of long-term use. It is the driver and company’s responsibility to check equipment and parts on a regular basis.
- Bad Weather – Bad weather can cause truck drivers to have accidents if they are not trained and prepared to drive in hazardous weather conditions. Rain, snow, and ice make it difficult to handle a huge commercial vehicle. Drivers must be instructed in proper driving skills and braking techniques to avoid skidding, jackknifing or hydroplaning on the road.
- Inadequate Training – If a driver received inadequate training, this may be the cause of a catastrophic accident. Drivers with hectic schedules and unrealistic expectations imposed on them can be in a hurry and make serious mistakes while driving.
At The Law Offices of David Golden, P.A., we will be able to conduct an independent investigation of your truck crash in order to determine the exact cause and identify the liable parties. We will then be able to gather the necessary evidence and develop the best legal arguments to win all the compensation you deserve.
Contact our Truck Accident Attorneys for Help
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, you need knowledgeable and caring attorneys to fight for you. It’s important to hire legal counsel that will do a thorough investigation into your claim and navigate the legal process on your behalf. With 25 years of experience, The Law Offices of David Golden, P.A. will assist you in pursuing your trucking accident case to help you receive the compensation you deserve.
The dedicated lawyers at The Law Offices of David Golden, P.A. will investigate the details of your accident and advise you on your legal rights. We work with clients throughout the Treasure Coast region, including Stuart, Palm City, Jensen Beach, Hobe Sound, Hutchinson Island, Sewall’s Point, Port Salerno, Jupiter, Tequesta, and Indiantown. Contact us online or call us today at 772-220-4400 to discuss your case.