PUT AWARD-WINNING ATTORNEYS TO WORK FOR YOU
WHEN IT MATTERS MOST!
Okeechobee Violent Crime Defense Attorney
Violent crimes are among the most harshly punished in the entire Florida legal system, so if you have been accused of a violent crime in Okeechobee, you should contact The Law Offices of David Golden, P.A. immediately to discuss your legal options. The punishment for violent crimes is severe, ranging from prison time and fines to lifetime incarceration and even the death penalty. A conviction can be devastating to your finances, to your future prospects, and to our reputation.
But you can still fight back. By working with David Golden and the team at The Law Offices of David Golden, P.A., you’ll put one of the most experienced and dedicated criminal lawyers in Florida on your side. Mr. Golden has over two decades of experience fighting on behalf of clients accused of violent crimes, and has won them reduced sentences and even had the charges against them dropped entirely.
If you or someone you know has been charged with a violent crime in the Okeechobee area, there’s no time to delay. The sooner you have The Law Offices of David Golden, P.A. on your side, the sooner we can build the best defense for your case. Call us at 863-220-4400 today, and we’ll review your case for free.
Why Choose Us?
Because violent crimes almost always include felony charges, it is especially important to engage the very best criminal defense attorney to handle your case. Your lawyer will need to be familiar with the law and tenacious in your defense. With David Golden, you’ll get a lawyer with more than 20 years of experience in the Florida criminal courts. He knows the law, and he has proven time and again that he can develop the right legal strategy to suit a wide variety of cases.
This powerful combination or skills and experience has led to a number of accolades for Mr. Golden. In 2015, he was named Avvo’s Clients’ Choice for Criminal Defense, and he maintains both an Avvo Superb rating and an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
But more than these awards, Mr. Golden prizes his reputation for securing his clients the best results possible. He’s spent the last 20-plus years providing Floridians in the Okeechobee area with the best criminal defense possible.
Types of Violent Crime Cases We Handle
In Florida, there are numerous charges that can be considered “violent crimes.” Understanding the nature of the crime you are charged with is an important first step to organizing your defense. At The Law Offices of David Golden, P.A., we have experience building a defense against all of the following criminal charges:
- Murder: This is a broad category that includes intentional and premeditated murder (Murder 1), intentional but unpremeditated murder (Murder 2), and murder through recklessness but without intent or premeditation (Manslaughter). The severity of the punishment will depend on which category of murder the crime fits, as well as other factors.
- Rape and other sex crimes: Forced sexual contact or penetration without the consent of the other individual will be charged as rape, or potentially another sex crime. Punishments may include lengthy prison sentences, a lifetime on a sexual offenders list, and other severe penalties.
- Kidnapping: The theft of an individual for any purpose, including with the intention to demand a ransom or simply to keep the individual, will result in a kidnapping charge
- Assault & Battery: The use of physical violence against another individual can result in an assault & battery charge.
- Hate Crimes: Using violence against another individual may also include a hate crime charge if the reason for the violence was some element of the victim’s character, including their race, religion, or gender.
- Domestic Abuse: The use of violence of any sort (including physical or sexual violence) against a domestic partner will be charged as domestic abuse.
- Child Abuse: Physical or sexual violence against a child, whether under your care or not, is child abuse. This can result in very severe penalties.
- Armed Robbery: The use of violence or the threat of violence with the intent (successful or not) to steal from another is armed robbery.
- Burglary: Forced entry into a property with the goal of stealing from the owners of that property can lead to a burglary charge. The use of violence or the intention to use violence in the act of burglary can make it a violent crime as well as a crime of theft.
- Arson: Intentionally setting a piece of property on fire is classed as arson. This can include homes, businesses, vehicles, or other pieces of property.
All of these violent crime charges will include penalties that differ in severity depending on the context of your case. However, no matter the charge, the penalties are sure to include the potential for prison, large fines, and other severe punishments, which may make it difficult to ever recover your previous quality of life again.
Fortunately, we at The Law Offices of David Golden, P.A. have had great success fighting these and other violent criminal charges in the past. We know the possible defenses for each of these violent crimes, and we can evaluate the details of your case to determine which defense will work best for you.
A violent crime conviction will carry with it a stigma as well as a severe set of penalties. If you or someone you know has been charged with a violent crime in Okeechobee, Taylor Creek, Fort Drum, or other areas of Okeechobee County, you need to contact The Law Offices of David Golden, P.A. now. We’re ready to use our experience and legal talents to fight any violent crime charge. Call us at 863-220-4400 so we can get started.