Vero Beach Internet Crimes Defense Lawyer
While the phrase “internet crimes” includes a large number of potential criminal charges, all of them are serious and require a powerful defense to avoid the severe penalties that would accompany a conviction. An internet crime is any illegal activity accomplished using the internet.
Whatever the nature of the internet crime you are accused of, the penalties have the potential to upend your life in the short and long term. To protect your future, you need a criminal defense lawyer on your side that understands the law and the technological aspect of your charges.
At The Law Offices of David Golden, P.A., we have the experience to develop the best defense against internet crime charges. As an award-winning lawyer known for his dedication to clients and excellent legal skills, David Golden knows how to craft a powerful defense that may allow you to escape the penalties the prosecutor is pursuing. Experienced and well-versed in the fields of Florida law and the internet, Mr. Golden can use the circumstances surrounding your case to help you fight back against your charges and achieve the best possible outcome.
If you or someone you know is facing an internet crime charge, you don’t have to let Florida prosecutors ruin your life. The Law Offices of David Golden, P.A. will fight for you. With one phone call to 772-770-4101, we can evaluate your case during a free consultation.
Do You Need a Lawyer?
Internet crimes can be particularly complex cases to handle because the internet plays such a large role in the case. Leaving your case up to an overworked public defender without the special knowledge required to handle internet crimes may cause you to face the harshest penalties.
You will need a lawyer who is familiar with internet crimes, knows how to investigate your charges, and can develop the right arguments on your behalf. With an internet crimes case, you need a criminal defense attorney to ensure that the evidence being used against you was legally obtained, a common issue with internet crime charges. An aggressive and experienced lawyer will be able to dedicate their time to crafting the right defense that makes it possible to reduce your charges, your penalties, or even get the case dismissed.
Trust Your Case to the Experience and Legal Excellence at The Law Offices of David Golden, P.A.
The Law Offices of David Golden, P.A. has built a reputation as a firm that works hard and does everything possible to ensure their clients have the strongest possible case. Mr. Golden has developed an excellent record of victories for his clients over the last 25 years. That record has been based on his comprehensive understanding of the law, his ability to adapt to changes in technology and the circumstances of each case, and his diehard, fierce defense on behalf of his clients.
This legal skill and exceptional dedication to his clients and every detail of their cases have given him a sterling reputation in the legal community as well as with his former clients. In 2015, he was named an Avvo Clients’ Choice Criminal Defense Lawyer, and he has an overall Superb rating with Avvo. His fellow lawyers have also awarded him the prestigious AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
What you need most when facing an internet crime charge is a lawyer that will understand your case, has the experience to know how to best pursue your case, and will work tirelessly for your defense. Everywhere it counts, The Law Offices of David Golden, P.A. excels beyond all others in the Vero Beach area.
Charges Related to Internet Crimes
Internet crimes, while always serious, cover a wide array of charges, each of which include their own potential penalties for a conviction. Some of the most common internet crimes include:
- Child pornography and other sex crimes: These crimes can include the illegal possession and/or distribution of child pornography through the internet. They may also include the illegal possession and/or distribution of other images and videos obtained without consent, soliciting prostitution, exchanging sexually explicit messages with minors, or attempting to lure minors for the purpose of sexual abuse.
- Drug crimes: Using the internet to obtain or distribute drugs, including prescription drugs without a prescription, is a crime.
- Gambling: Participating in gambling not sanctioned by the state of Florida, even when done through the internet, can lead to charges.
- Human trafficking and kidnapping: The internet can be used as a means to move others around against their will, including children.
- Virus distribution: Using the internet to spread viruses and other malware can lead to significant charges and penalties.
- Phishing: This involves making attempts to scam others out of sensitive information through emails and other online communications.
- Hacking: Hacking is the illegal accessing of computers or networks through weaknesses in the code or programming.
- Fraud: A general category of crimes that involve the misrepresentation of information in an effort to obtain illegal financial gains.
- Identity Theft: The use of someone else’s personal information for financial gain is classified as identity theft.
- Credit Card Fraud: More specific than the above categories, credit card fraud involves the use of someone else’s credit card information as a means to purchase items or extract money.
- Work from Home Scams: Creating a false or misleading work-from-home situation as a means of taking advantage of others can lead to charges.
- Pyramid Schemes: A pyramid scheme involves promising income or other benefits by further recruiting others into the business model instead of by providing a service.
Any of the above internet crimes can be charged as a misdemeanor or felony offense in the state of Florida and involve consequences that may include lengthy incarceration, huge fines, and a lifetime mark on your criminal record, which can hurt your ability to keep a job, find housing, or obtain professional licenses. To avoid such devastating consequences, you will need the assistance of a first-rate internet crimes lawyer.
Bring 20 Years of Experience and Success to Your Case Today
Internet crimes are complex and serious charges, and defending yourself means getting a lawyer that can handle that complexity and provide a clear, thorough defense. If you or someone you know has been accused of an internet crime in Vero Beach, Gifford, Sebastian, Fellsmere, Oslo, Wabasso, or anywhere in Indian River County, The Law Offices of David Golden, P.A. has the experience, knowledge, and diligence to provide you with the best defense possible. Find out more about how we can help by taking advantage of our free case review. Call us at 772-770-4101 to learn more and take the first step in securing your future.